Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dave Welcome - Your Song [Amken Records 197X]

I probably found this on a Value Center run over the summer. This is some obscuro-michigan-70s-pop if I've ever seen one. I literally can't find any info on the internet about this, which certainly adds to the charm. On the back of the record there's a mailing address for the band that leads to Bloomfield Hills. Not really sure what the story is with this record but there sure are some catchy songs.

Pros: Modest production, out-of-tune instruments, catchy pop, Michigan-based
Cons: No one has found this and reissued it.

Really one of my favorites


2 comments:

  1. The only excuse I have for finding the link is it's raining and I've nothing better to do. Hope it helps you out a bit:
    http://www.cantonpl.org/sites/default/files/observer/1985/09_Sep%201985/09-05-1985.pdf

    ReplyDelete